Thursday, March 4, 2010

Problems at Target?

I recently received a phone call from my dear friend Jessica Garscadden (I love her), asking me about Target and their policy.



  • Target will not take my coupon because the item that I am purchasing is less than the amount on the coupon.
Target does not HAVE to take the coupon. They "may" reduce the coupon amount if it exceeds the retail value of the item. My best advice is to come prepared, with the Target store policy.

  • Target will not accept my coupon for the travel size item.
First: Read the coupon, does it say "except on trial size"? If it does not say travel size then again, head to customer service with your Target store policy. From what my dear friend told me, Target now says that they do not accept coupons for travel size items. I do not see that in the policy, correct me if I am wrong!

  • The cashier told me that they could not accept my coupon, even though it scanned just fine.
Simply ask why? If you follow what your coupon says and it goes through then the cashier should not void the coupon.

This is what Target's main customer service said to do in any of these cases.
Head to customer service to talk to the manager, tell them the situation. If they do not help you then the main customer service said to call them while standing at the store customer service. They can't help you if you are not in the store. The phone number is 18004400680.

I loooooove Target, but I don't love to shop there with coupons! As long as they follow by their policy and what is in it then there should not be any problems. Keep in mind, not all cashiers are coupon trained! Be friendly!

3 comments:

  1. but what if the manager is the rude one :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would call corporate! There is no room for rudeness

    ReplyDelete
  3. Corporate is never much better. The last time I called them, she sent me two coupons to use...and those are what started everything the first time! oh well, I guess I'll stay out of Target when I have coupons

    ReplyDelete