Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Military&Stockpile

This is something that has been on my mind for a while.

In the past few years (since my husband has joined the military) I have had many young and single soliders cross into my path. A few Adam lost touch with, one followed with Adam through training, school, more training, and was then stationed at the same base with him, a couple had his back in Iraq and of course he had theirs, some are under him and he does his best to mentor them. They all have something in common and that is that they are American Soldiers signing a few years (or their whole life) over to help protect us, reguardless of their rank or metals, they are all here for us. I feel that we should be there for them when they need us.

If you give some of your stockpile away to a charity or to a family then that is great! Keep a few things in mind when you give your things away to a charity or to a homeless shelter. Homeless people will not benefit from laundry detergent or scrubbing bubbles...because they have no use for those things. I encourage you to give them food from your stockpile.

If you do not have anyone to give some of your extra things from your stockpile to then I encourage you to adopt a soldier. If you need help with this then I will be happy to help. This is something that I have had on my mind for a while, but until this past weekend I would have never thought that anyone could get so excited about laundry detergent or gold fish! I gave a few guys some this weekend and it sparked a conversation on how much detergent costs! It makes me happy that I was able to help them.

Many people can say that they need to make time to clip their own coupons and when I say what I am about to say many people will come back and still say, "they need to make time, they are capable". These men and women work up to 18 hours a day, and occasionally they have to work 24 hours. They spend months in warzones protecting us and I believe in a way we do owe them something, although they say they do not deserve anything...it is "just a job".

When you help someone out you will then see blessings around you everywhere!

1 comment: